Website Iowa Lakes Community College
Position: Career and Transition Coordinator
Classification: Professional Support B
Department: Community & Business Relations
Report to: Director of Career and Community Programs
General Job Summary: This is a part-time (27.5 hours/week) position located on the Emmetsburg Campus. Primary responsibilities are to assist adult learners in defining their career path and transition them to either continue their education or enter the workforce. The successful candidate must be able to work independently and demonstrate ability to recruit, advise, and retain participants through short-term, skill-up programming. Position is contingent on continued grant funding.
% of TIME Essential Duties/Responsibilities
|1. Recruit and provide career/transition services to aid students in selecting career pathway and determining appropriate training to secure or advance employment opportunities.|
5. Serve on selected and voluntary committees of the college.
6. Arrange and/or attend meetings when necessary.
7. Conduct community awareness programs to advertise services.
8. Perform other work duties as assigned and requested.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Ability to access, utilize, input, and retrieve information from a computer.
- Represent the college in a positive manner to employees, students, visitors, and the general public.
- Establish and maintain good working relationships with students, colleagues, staff, administrators, and other contacts.
- Must be enthusiastic, energetic, self-motivated, and creative with demonstrated leadership and organization skills.
- Must develop and maintain a thorough knowledge of office procedures, telephone techniques, and appropriate equipment, and utilize correct English, grammar, punctuation, and spelling.
- Ability to read and understand written and oral instructions or communications.
- Ability to efficiently perform tasks in an environment of frequent interruptions.
- Ability to assume responsibility, deal effectively with problems and exercise good judgment when making decisions.
- Possess strong human relations skills and the ability to effectively relate to diverse personalities.
- Ability to make public presentations that are effective and well received.
Sedentary to light work. Position involves sitting most of the time; exerting up to 20 pounds of force occasionally (10-33%). Stooping, kneeling, crouching, pushing, pulling, carrying, occasionally (10-33%). Walking, lifting, grasping, and repetitive motion frequently (34-66%). Talking, hearing, and viewing various types of close visual work constantly (67-100%). Must have valid driver’s license, good driving record and provide proof of insurance. Required to travel utilizing personal vehicle.
Employment with Iowa Lakes Community College is dependent upon successful passage of a criminal background check. Must be legally eligible to work in the United States without employer sponsorship.
The statements contained herein reflect general details as necessary to describe the essential functions, job duties/responsibilities, and performance expectations of the job, which should not be considered an all-inclusive listing of work requirements. Individual may perform other duties as assigned.
Associate Degree in a related area required, Bachelor’s Degree preferred. Prior experience in education program development or instruction is desired. Multi-language skills preferred.
Fringe Benefits: Paid sick leave, vacation, and holidays. Employee retirement package.
The following items must be included in your application packet before it will be considered a complete application:
- Employment Application form
- Applicant Confidential Information form (This data is used to comply with government required affirmative action record keeping only and is not used for applicant screening purposes.)
- A letter addressing your qualifications for the position
- A resume
- A copy of transcripts
Only complete application packets will be considered for the position vacancy.
Position open until filled. Review of applications will begin October 9, 2023. View complete job description and application process at www.iowalakes.edu/employment. Contact Lynn Miller at email@example.com or 712-362-0409. Iowa Lakes Community College, Human Resources, 19 South 7th Street, Estherville, IA 51334.
Non-Discrimination/Equal Opportunity Statement
It is the policy of Iowa Lakes Community College not to discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, disability, age (employment), sexual orientation, gender identity, creed, religion and actual or potential parental, family or marital status in its programs, activities, or employment practices as required by the Iowa Code §§216.6 and 216.9, Titles VI and VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964 (42 U.S.C. §§ 2000d and 2000e), the Equal Pay Act of 1973 (29 U.S.C. § 206, et seq.), Title IX (Educational Amendments, 20 U.S.C §§ 1681 – 1688), Section 504 (Rehabilitation Act of 1973, 29 U.S.C. § 794), and Title II of the Americans with Disabilities Act (42 U.S.C. § 12101, et seq.).
If you have questions or complaints related to compliance with this policy, please contact Kathy Muller, Equity & Title IX Coordinator, 19 South 7th Street, Estherville, IA 51334, 712-362-0433, firstname.lastname@example.org, or the Director of the Office for Civil Rights, U.S. Department of Education, John C. Kluczynski Federal Building, 230 S. Dearborn Street, 37th Floor, Chicago, IL 60604-7204, phone number 312-730-1560, fax 312-730-1576, TDD 800-877-8339, email OCR.Chicago@ed.gov.
A formal discrimination complaint process is published in the Student Handbook, Employee Handbook, and the Affirmative Action Plan of the College.
To apply for this job please visit iowalakes.edu.