Website Iowa Lakes Community College
Position: ELDT / CDL Coordinator
Classification: Professional Support B
Department: Continuing Education
Report to: Dean of Career and Technical Education and Workforce
General Job Summary:
This is a full-time position located on the Emmetsburg Campus. Primary responsibilities are to conduct online, classroom, over the road, and range practical training sessions for students pursuing a commercial driver’s license. Develop and maintain training materials, lesson plans, and course curriculum in accordance with industry standards, Iowa DOT, and FMCSA. Maintain equipment inventory and schedule service and inspections on company vehicles. Demonstrate a commitment to promote safe driving practices and ensure the professional development of their students.
% of TIME Essential Duties/Responsibilities
|1. Maintain equipment, inventory, and training records.|
2. Schedule routine maintenance and inspection on Iowa Lakes Community College vehicles and equipment.
3. Instruct students on safe driving practices, state, and federal regulations.
4. Provide hands-on training for various types of commercial vehicles including Simulator operation.
5. Monitor online ELDT progress and records.
6. Assist students in preparing for CDL examinations including both written and practical tests.
7. Upload documents to the TPR within 24 hours of student completion.
|1. Monitor and maintain a budget.|
2. Update curriculum according to state and federal guidelines.
3. Provide guidance to potential students about the process of acquiring a CDL class A, B, or C at Iowa Lakes Community College.
4. Evaluate performance and keep record of student progress.
5. Issue and log certificates of completion and other documents as necessary.
|1. Market services in the area.|
2. Maintain ongoing communications and relationships with other areas of continuing education to ensure efficient coordination of training.
3. Participate in assigned and voluntary community, college, and state committees.
4. Occasional overnight stays in various counties for required training.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Assume responsibility and deal effectively with the Iowa DOT, FMCSA, and other Commercial Motor Vehicle regulation bodies.
- Represent the College in a positive manner to industry partners, employees, students, visitors, and the public.
- Assume responsibility, deal effectively with problems, and exercise independent judgment when making decisions.
- Establish and maintain good working relationships with students, staff, administrators, and local partnerships.
- Communicate clearly and effectively in oral and written communication.
- Possess strong human relation skills and the ability to effectively relate to diverse personalities.
- Be a creative, energetic, and self-motivated individual with leadership and organizational skills.
- Have a working knowledge of personal computer and educational media equipment.
Special Demands: Position involves sitting or standing most of the time in an office setting, on the road driving and on the range instructing in varying weather conditions including rain, ice, snow, and excessive heat constantly (67-100%). Reaching, standing, walking, lifting, grasping, hearing, repetitive motion, and viewing various types of close visual work constantly (67-100%). Stooping, crouching, pushing, pulling, and carrying frequently (34-66%). Exerting up to 100 pounds of force occasionally (10-33%) and 20 pounds of force frequently (34-66%).
Employment with Iowa Lakes Community College is dependent upon successful passage of a criminal background check. Must be legally eligible to work in the United States without employer sponsorship.
The statements contained herein reflect general details as necessary to describe the essential functions, job duties/responsibilities, and performance expectations of the job, which should not be considered an all-inclusive listing of work requirements. Individuals may perform other duties as assigned.
Possess a valid Iowa Driver’s License with Class A-Veh w/26001 GCWR or more and towed unit is 10001 GVWR or more. Hold valid Medical Certificate for Interstate driving. Clean driving record. Minimum of five years of Class A tractor trailer driving experience. An Associate Degree preferred.
Paid sick leave, vacation, and holidays. Employee health, dental, and vision insurance. Partially funded family insurance available. Employee life and disability insurance. Employee retirement plan.
The following items must be included in your application packet before it will be considered a complete application:
- Employment Application form
- Applicant Confidential Information form (This data is used to comply with government required affirmative action record keeping only and is not used for applicant screening purposes.)
- A letter addressing your qualifications for the position
- A resume
- A copy of transcripts, if applicable
Only complete application packets will be considered for the position vacancy.
Position open until filled. Review of applications will begin immediately. View complete job description and application at www.iowalakes.edu/employment. Contact Lynn Miller at firstname.lastname@example.org or 712-362-0409. Iowa Lakes Community College, 19 South 7th Street, Estherville, IA 51334.
Non-Discrimination/Equal Opportunity Statement
It is the policy of Iowa Lakes Community College not to discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, disability, age (employment), sexual orientation, gender identity, creed, religion and actual or potential parental, family or marital status in its programs, activities, or employment practices as required by the Iowa Code §§216.6 and 216.9, Titles VI and VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964 (42 U.S.C. §§ 2000d and 2000e), the Equal Pay Act of 1973 (29 U.S.C. § 206, et seq.), Title IX (Educational Amendments, 20 U.S.C §§ 1681 – 1688), Section 504 (Rehabilitation Act of 1973, 29 U.S.C. § 794), and Title II of the Americans with Disabilities Act (42 U.S.C. § 12101, et seq.).
If you have questions or complaints related to compliance with this policy, please contact Kathy Muller, Equity & Title IX Coordinator, 19 South 7th Street, Estherville, IA 51334, 712-362-0433, email@example.com, or the Director of the Office for Civil Rights, U.S. Department of Education, John C. Kluczynski Federal Building, 230 S. Dearborn Street, 37th Floor, Chicago, IL 60604-7204, phone number 312-730-1560, fax 312-730-1576, TDD 800-877-8339, email OCR.Chicago@ed.gov.
A formal discrimination complaint process is published in the Student Handbook, Employee Handbook, and the Affirmative Action Plan of the College.
To apply for this job please visit iowalakes.edu.